Saturday, December 03, 2005

sleeping with dogs

In my new status, I get the dogs (two Jack Russells) on Mom week. Dad week, they are, well, at Dads. Kids seem to be adjusting, they know they get leashes at Mom's and the back yard at Dads. I have a new bed with no history, new duvet, and great room which has a long to the floor window we can all gaze out of when in bed. My duvet now has paw prints on it but I don't mind; someone is here...someone fuzzy, white, and warm. My own personal bed warmers, one climbs under to warm, the other on top of the pillow. In absence of a person, I hug them. I had fears that I would be just another middle aged single woman with a house of cats, turgid novellas and red hats. Instead I am a woman in her prime with two dogs, books on the middle east and no red hats. I hope I don't sleep only with dogs the rest of my life, but for now they are my pals, and company in the night every other week. As for the weeks off....well, I can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home